Screenshot of The Onion, 22 June 02056
Parody newspaper The Onion has a sterling back-issue (fore-issue?) online dated 02056, satirising future tropes left and right. It came out (in June 02005) before this blog got started, but even if you've seen it before, it's worth revisiting [link]...
- Democratic Middle Eastern Union Votes To Invade U.S.
- Final Installment of Frogger Trilogy poised to sweep Oscars
- Leather-Clad Nomads Seize Power In Australia
- Remainder of Ross Ice Shelf Now in Smithsonian Freezer
- Opinion™ - We Need A Fourth Law of Robotics: Stop Fingering My Wife
> Satire's layers
> I read the news today, oh boy
> Tomorrow's headlines
(via Noise Between Stations)